Abdul Sattar Edhi — a prominent Pakistani humanitarian and philanthropist laid to rest in Edhi village who breathed his last in the country’s largest city, Karachi, after a long illness, left entire nation in intense grieve.
Here are the few famous Abdul Sattar Edhi Quotes:-
- My religion is humanitarianism , which is the basis of every religion in the world.
- People have become educated, but have not become human.
- You have to care for all beings created by God…My mission is to help any person in need.
- No religion is higher than humanity
- People know that I have adopted four principles in living my life: simple living, punctuality, hard work and prudence.
- I do not have any formal education. What is use of education when we do not become human beings? My school is the welfare of humanity.
- So, many years later there were many who still complained and questioned, ‘Why must you pick up Christians and Hindus in your ambulance?’ And I was saying, ‘Because the ambulance is more Muslim than you.
- Never take anyone’s death to heart Bilquis. Remember God by the equality with which He implements it. Nobody is different, the richest to the poorest, from here to the end of the globe face it equally. What an example of equality.
- Empty words and long praises do not impress God. Show Him your faith by your deeds.
- Chasing after desires creates inner turmoil. When the devil becomes guide, dacoits and gangsters are manufactured. He makes men fight against their souls to survive expensive items and most lose everything in the face of his strength. The internal enemy can only be overcome by a personal revolution.
- One time there was a student at Punjab University in Lahore who came down with cancer and his friend came to me for help. I stood outside on the street in Lahore and asked the people in that city for help. Within four or five hours, I received more than 40 million rupees.
- I work for the suffering of the common man, something I am very proud of and will continue to do.
- Beware of those who attribute petty instructions to God.
- The dead has only one place to go… up. Wherever you bury them, they will go the same way, up.
- Those who believed in changing the world were either hungry by circumstance or practiced deprivation by choice.
- It is my principle never to accept any donations from any government or any foreign funded organisation.
- Appearance is a distraction, surrendering it develops truth and humility in abundance.
His last words were “take care of the poor of my country”. He remembered the poor in his entire life.